Here’s info on a company HIRING A WRITER/EDITOR FOR CONTENT LOCALIZATION – Pocket FM is a leading audio streaming platform where users can listen to audio content across formats like audio series, audiobooks, and podcasts.
Details are below – as always, feel free to forward if you know someone who might be interested, and be sure to mention I sent you for priority consideration!
Good luck, have a great day, and don’t forget to dream big!
Jeffrey R. Gund
Follow INFOLIST on Instagram
Follow INFOLIST on Twitter
Like INFOLIST on Facebook
Join Our Facebook Group
HIRING IN-HOUSE WRITER/EDITOR FOR CONTENT LOCALIZATION
POCKET FM PLATFORM IS HIRING NOW, NATIONWIDE
We are now HIRING A WRITER/EDITOR FOR CONTENT LOCALIZATION for Pocket FM, a leading audio streaming platform where users can listen to audio content across formats like audio series, audiobooks, and podcasts
We are searching NATIONWIDE (and potentially WORLDWIDE) for candidates for this position.
About Pocket FM:
Pocket FM is We are pioneering audio entertainment globally with a vision to build the largest audio OTT platform. With over 100k+ hours of content and 200k+ creators, we have one of the largest repositories of audio content.
Our mission is to give voice to stories from all around the world. Pocket FM has grown to 15 million MAL (monthly active listeners), spending an average of over 100 minutes every day. We are a Series C-funded start-up backed by marquee investors like Naver, Goodwater Capital, Lightspeed, Tanglin Venture Partners, and others.
Localization at Pocket FM is centered around writing excellence. We are responsible for the translation and cultural adaptation of everything Pocket FM has to offer to its users across the globe, from acclaimed licensed content to our original programming. Our work is not just about translation, it is about providing our users with an experience that feels local.
You will be responsible for all elements of the writing/editorial workflow process from request creation to job completion. The ideal candidate is a skilled writer who is an expert on media and entertainment in the audio market — we are particularly interested in writers who have proven proficiency in writing and editing world-class creative content, and the ability to drive cross-functional projects.
A successful candidate is a highly motivated individual who works comfortably and autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You will have a strong understanding of storytelling, narrative fiction, and web fiction. You have a demonstrated ability to manage priorities and projects and the right mix of organizational and communication skills.
– Produce 10+ hours of quality content a month
– Collaborate with lead writers to adapt licensed foreign content into American audio content
– Rewrite/proof concurrent projects across multiple genres
– Create original content, incubate new original stories
– Manage the workflow and delivery of final scripts and ensure external resources (vendors) have access to relevant information and provide editorial guidance
– Oversee quality control process and work cross-functionally with departments (creative, production, product) to identify critical blockers
– Oversee end-to-end localization workflow and provide regular progress updates
– Manage multiple projects within the program
– Contribute to project kick offs & meetings with cross-functional groups for planning
– Support innovation initiatives like A/B Tests
– Bachelor’s degree in Writing, Language Studies, or International Studies
– 2+ years’ experience in long form creative writing and editing, such as narrative fiction, line-editing, fictional content creation, or scriptwriting.
– Must be comfortable with rigorous editing, tight deadlines, and workshopping storylines with a team of writers and editors
– Flexibility and versatility as a writer whether the assignment is a drama, rom-com, fantasy, or action.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Independent and self-motivated working style
– Strong preference for candidates who:
• Have understanding/experience writing for WebNovel, Wattpad, Royal Road, Radish, and similar web-fiction platforms.
• Fans of Light Novels, Webtoons, Chinese web-novels, and similar Eastern fiction content.
• Bi-lingual in Mandarin is ideal, but not required. English-Only or those fluent in other languages highly encouraged to apply as well!
Location: Anywhere (Remote working)
Term: Six Month Contract (renewable)
Salary: Dependent on Experience ($3k-$4k per month)
Be sure to mention you heard about this from Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com for priority consideration, and email your RESUME and brief COVER LETTER to:
*Please note that candidates will be asked to complete a brief writing exercise as a part of the application process