Here’s a great course on FILM SALES & DISTRIBUTION – an ONLINE 5-week intensive course on everything you need to know about getting your film sold and distributed!
As always, there’s a great discount for INFOLIST.com, and feel free to forward if you know anyone who might be interested – details are below!
Good luck, have a great day, and don’t forget to dream big!
Jeffrey R. Gund
Follow INFOLIST on Twitter
Like INFOLIST on Facebook
Join Our Facebook Group
RAINDANCE LA & ROUGH DIAMOND PRODUCTIONS
FILM SALES AND DISTRIBUTION
HOW TO GET DISTRIBUTION FOR YOUR FILM!
A 5-WEEK ONLINE INTENSIVE COURSE
SALES AGENT / EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
50+ feature films including Head In The Clouds (Sony Pictures Classics); Napoleon TV series for A&E Network; Perfect Creatures for Twentieth Century Fox; and the upcoming Berlin, I Love You (starring Keira Knightley, Dianna Agron and Hellen Mirren)
see full bio below
TAKE THE CLASS:
LIVE ONLINE with Streaming Video!
watch after each class on VIDEO-ON-DEMAND!
5-WEEK INTENSIVE COURSE
FIVE Tuesday Evenings
Tuesday, May 5th, 2020
6pm to 8pm PST (9pm – 11pm EST)
and continuing until
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020
YOU WILL LEARN:
* The Current Marketplace
* US Distributors
* Foreign Sales Agents
* Self/Online Distribution
* How to Avoid Legal Pitfalls
* Ways to Create a Successful Marketing and Film Festival Strategy
WEEKLY COURSE OUTLINE:
WEEK 1: THE CURRENT MARKETPLACE (May 5th)
– What are buyers / distributors are looking for?
– Genres currently in demand
– Latest developments from the industry – How will COVID-10 affect the business, and what are the smart strategies to adapt to this?
– Changing landscape with digital distributors disrupting the market
– Release strategies and windows
SVOD (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.)
– Monetizing your film
– Pitching to distributors and agents
WEEK 2: SALES AGENTS (May 12th)
– Overview of foreign sales
– What do sales agents look for?
– Guaranteeing selling your film
– Finding and connecting with the right sales companies
– Budgets and projections: How much can films make?
– What do sales agents need from you to approach buyers and financiers?
– Producer reps vs Sales Agents
– Should you get US distribution or foreign sales first?
– Film markets
WEEK 3: DISTRIBUTION (May 19th)
PART 1: US DISTRIBUTORS
– Overview of domestic distribution
– How does it work? How to exploit maximum revenue?
– What are the ancillary rights and how can you benefit?
– Tips for choosing the right distributor
– E&O Insurance
PART 2: SELF/ONLINE DISTRIBUTION
– Overview of self-distribution
– Top current platforms for self-distribution
– Difference between self and traditional distribution models
– The changes in streaming markets
– Understanding windows system of distribution
– Challenges and difficulties
– Identifying your audience
– Getting people to buy your movie
WEEK 4: DELIVERY & LEGAL (May 26th)
– Overview of deliverables
– Sample delivery requirements: Chain of title, billing block, music cue sheet, script sheet, copyright information etc.
– Understanding and negotiating a delivery list
– Pitfalls to avoid during delivery
– Post-production workflow
– What format to shoot in
– Tips on sales and distribution contracts
– Understanding Chain of Title
– Preventing shady deals
– What to be careful of when signing a distribution deal
WEEK 5: MARKETING AND FILM FESTIVALS (June 2nd)
– Purpose of marketing
– Identifying your audience and niche
– Building audience at earlier stages for potential sales
– Understanding your position in the market
– Creating buzz through limited theatrical release
– Launching digital and social campaigns
– Creating marketing assets for selling your film: Logline, tagline, synopsis, key arts, photos, video clips, press kits, etc.
– Creating a film festival strategy
– Choosing the best festivals for your film
– How to market your movie at a festival
SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR INFOLIST.com!!
UPGRADE NOW (or log in to your Premium/Pro Account) so you can take advantage of this special offer!
Or, skip the upgrade and pay regular price –
Register now for just $269 at:
Information for Online or VOD:
Provided upon registration.
For questions or more info, please contact us at:
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
JASON PIETTE is a producer and film financier with over 50 movies and TV series to his name, including the $25M The Merchant of Venice starring Al Pacino and Jeremy Irons; Head In The Clouds ($20M) starring Charlize Theron and Penelope Cruz, (both for Sony Pictures Classics); the $33M Napoleon TV series for A&E in the United States; Perfect Creatures ($11M) for Twentieth Century Fox; independent American features such as Mark Pellington’s I Melt With You for Magnolia Pictures and cult classic, part crowdfunded Iron Sky for Entertainment One. Before co-founding Disrupting Influence, Jason also worked on the $300 million Movision Film Fund. Jason is a graduate of Cambridge University.
Register now for just $269 at: