Teacher, Trainer, Property Manager, Online Marketer, Public Speaker
Marilyn Brison is a Professional, self-motivated, dynamic and multi-dimensional teacher, trainer and facilitation professional with over 20 years of marketing, management training, and leadership development knowledge. She is passionate about helping others achieve their short and long-time goals. Marilyn builds long lasting relationships, based on core values of integrity, and rapport with businesses that creates partnerships, and alliances resulting in increased liquidity. With her positive, enthusiastic, and genuinely friendly attitude, Marilyn radiate a sincere passion for delivering value and benefits to each organization.
Marilyn Brison worked with Friends Outside Los Angeles County during 2017. Providing Guest Service Gold Customer Service to their clients. The reviews from the staff and clients of Friends Outside Los Angeles County were constantly of the highest rating of ten (10). This resulted in Friends Outside Los Angeles County referring Marilyn Brison to their affiliate company Dads Back! Academy.
She directly worked with the Department of Transportation (DOT), Information Technology (IT), Family and Children Services, Non-Profits, and marketing companies in the public and private sector. Skilled in managing multiple departments and facilities, she has supervised, trained, coached, and developed policies and procedures for corporations. Marilyn has consistently interfaced with prominent corporate, government, city officials, vendors, and public support organizations.
Her extended educational background includes a Bachelor of Science in Business Marketing, Business Administration for Non-Profit Organizations, Family/Kinship Teaching Credential, Train-the-Trainer in Business Leadership, Human Relations and Personal Development, Computer Operations and Airlines Computer Systems Programming, Air Traffic Control Academy, and Radiologic Technology. In addition, she has Certifications in AHLEI Customer Service, Conflict Resolution, ADA/Disability Awareness, Diversity, and Public Speaking.
9029 Airport Blvd. Suite 88775 Los Angeles, CA 90009
Contact: 424-224-2487 / Email: email@example.com
Resume and Cover Letter
9029 Airport Blvd Unit # 88775 Los Angeles, CA 90009
To Whom It May Concern:
Dynamic, strong, self-motivated, and take charge individual…These are some of the descriptions that have been attached to my name during my professional career. I have prided myself on my abilities to be flexible as well as assertive in the business world and believe that those attributes helped in forming my successful track record.
I am looking for a position that will combine my talents as an organized Marketing Manager, Property Manager, Management of Airlines Operations, IT Specialist, and skilled Customer Service Manager to assist a company in gaining overall higher performances. Working in industries ranging from computers, housing, casinos, airlines, and consumer products has given me the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge. This allows me to fit into almost any scenario presented. I am goal driven and able to work in a fast-paced environment to service both internal as well as external customers.
I encourage you to contact me to discuss openings that you feel would fit my background and career aspirations. I promise you that it will be time well spent.
9029 Airport Blvd Unit # 88775 Los Angeles, CA 90009
Objective: Dynamic and multi-dimensional individual seeking a position within an industry that optimize my Managerial skills, superb customer service, communication, organizational, training, computer, and marketing skills to support its mission and exceed performance expectations while providing opportunity for growth and career development.
- Computer Technician: Apollo, Amadeus, SABRE, GDS and more
- Acts with honesty and integrity without compromising the truth.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word
- Self-motivated team player that leads by example
- Customer Service Management
- Property Management
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Business Marketing
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Airport Operations
- DOT airport rules & regulations
- Excellent – Written and Oral Communications to external and internal clients on all levels
- FAA Emergency disaster trained
- Professional office and telephone skills
Independent Contractor 2016-Present
Managed Privately Owned Properties
Teacher of Government Rules and Regulations along with Diversity, Gold Customer Service, and Specialty Courses for different entities in the private and corporate arena.
PINNACLE TRAVEL SERVICES – El Segundo, California 2014 – 2016
American Express Platinum Travel Counselor
- Specializing in domestic and international travel arrangements for elite clientele
- Schedule flight services both commercial and private, luxury hotels and resorts, car and limousine services worldwide.
- Work in a call center environment processing hundreds of calls daily.
- Coordinate arrangements with airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, vendors, and all levels of management in the travel industry.
- Book travel, issuing tickets, offering benefits, and services along with ensuring all United States and International laws are abided by regarding travel documents.
- Use effective questioning and rapport building to create a travel experience of a lifetime.
- Handle irregular situations and card member complaints while providing extraordinary customer service.
GRANDPARENTS AS PARENTS (GAP) Independent Contractor –
Culver City, California 2011- 2018
ALLIANCE OF RELATIVE CAREGIVERS (ARC) 2018 – Present
- Responsible for individual and family crisis intervention and counseling.
- Facilitate support groups and educational classes authorized by Long Beach College
- Organized family recreational activities
- Monitor families’ interaction between grandparents and grandchildren.
- Links families in need to emergency resources for stipends, food, clothing, transportation vouchers, low or no-cost medical and dental care, and more.
- Teach and instruct court-ordered parenting classes, workshops, and educational conferences along with referrals for counseling
- Outreach to resources and vendors that benefits the community
Hewlett-Packard Company Contractual 2012 – 2013
- Interact and communicate with all levels of management
- Internal and external customers and operational resolution
- Responsible for repairing and programming airlines computers, printers, ticketing machines, boarding pass machines, lobby ticketing machines, e-tickets machines, gate ticketing and bag tag machines, gate readers, along with other devices necessary in ensuring the airlines operates safely.
- Instruct and communicate remotely via telephone and computer systems how to resolve major and minor airlines operational issues.
- Authorize to handle live FAA / Air Traffic Control disasters
- Serviced major airlines such as United Airlines, Continental Airlines, US Air, Virgin Airlines, FlyBe, and many others.
INGLEWOOD USD: COUNCIL PTA PRESIDENT 2010-2012
Inglewood Unified School District serves approximately 12,500 K-12 students
- Led each school PTA toward specific goals chosen by its members.
- Ensured goals were consistent with the policies and purposes of the PTA.
- Resolved issues generated by parents, principals, and students
- Led brainstorming session(s) with the board-elect to establish unit goals.
- Reviewed current and past units’ activities, and reports
- Implemented and directed National PTA and California State PTA projects in timely manner.
- Presented information at all levels – school board members, parents, children, and the community.
URBATEC — Encino, California 2003-2006
Property Manager / Apartment Manager
- Conducted the daily operations and activities of 308 affordable senior and Section 8 communities (700 residents).
- Managed over $200K budget per community and made large monthly deposits. Purchased furniture, equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Regularly interfaced with prominent corporate, government, city officials, and vendors including attending community events and meetings in compliance with Fair Housing.
- Supervised all on-site personnel, contractors, vendors, resident relations, market analysis, marketing activities, as well as overseeing all projects
- Filled leasing vacancies, maintained resident files, designed, and coordinated resident activities. Performed income certifications for the residents
- Promoted goodwill/harmony with staff/residents, encouraged participation in events
- Monitored work and services performed to ensure a safe work environment
HOLLYWOOD PARK CASINO-Inglewood, California 1999-2010
Marketing Services Manager
- Managed staff members of the Concierge, Health Club, Mail Center, Massage Therapist departments, and operated the data base systems and daily responsibilities.
- Managed departmental budget of over $350,000
- Promoted goodwill/harmony with staff, customers, vendors, and potential customers
- Resolved problems/concerns that arose throughout assigned shift and departments
- Coordinated departmental operations including payroll, scheduling, and bulk mail
- Conducted performance evaluations as well as initiated counseling, disciplinary action
- Developed policies and procedures for departments and monitored enforcement
- Experience using PC software applications, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
CONTINENTAL AIRLINES–Los Angeles, California 1986-1999
Management – Customer Service Representative (promoted from Reservations Sales Rep
- Supervised over 100 employees on different shifts including scheduling, assignments, vacation approvals, coaching, escalated operational issues, for 40 flights daily
- Designed solutions for issues dealing with airport internal and external customers
- Arranged pre and post flight large group accommodations for several hundred passengers • Utilized problem solving capabilities for prevention of possible high-level difficulties
- Assisted prominent corporate, government, entertainment, religious leaders, and flight crew.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATES
- B.S. Business Marketing – University of Missouri, St. Louis, MO.
- Dealing with Non-Profits Certificate, LA Valley College, Los Angeles, CA
- Teaching Credential in Family/Kinship, Long Beach College
- Leadership and Train-the-Trainer in Business, California State University Dominguez Hills
HONORS AND AWARDS
- American College, Los Angeles, CA Degree / Honor Award
- International Air Academy, St. Louis, MO Degree / Honor Award
- Continental Airlines System, Los Angeles, CA Certificate / Honor Award
- Air Traffic Control Academy, Los Angeles, CA Certificate / Honor Award
- Toastmasters Certificate / Honor Award
Numerous letters of commendation from passengers and management of previous employers.
Community Volunteer for over 20 years with countless hours of services.
NAME RELATIONSHIP TELEPHONE
LaJaune Bryant Professional 10yrs 323-792-9160
April Washington-Weeden Professional 10yrs 818-618-2612
Jacqueline Newsom Professional 10yrs 310-889-5670
Marilyn Brison professional in many industries of Management, Teaching, Customer Service, and Leadership experience, Communication skills, a positive team player, detail oriented, dependable, and self-motivated with core values. That prides on working hard to meet deadlines and respond well to high-pressure situations. Have extensive knowledge and experience for the development of your organization. Priority is to be an asset within your reputable company.
Personal Core Values:
Integrity – To act with honesty and integrity without compromising the truth.
Leadership – The courage to lead a group of people to achieve a common goal.
Accountability – Responsibility of actions that influence the lives of customers and co-workers.
Collaboration – Collaborating within and outside the company to achieve excellence.
Commitment – Commitment to deliver great products and services that impact both within and outside the organization.
Passion – Putting the heart and mind in the work to achieve the best.
Efficiency – Being efficient and effective in every approach to give the best solution each time.
Consistency – Be consistent in offering the best experience with each encounter.
Service Excellence – Giving a world-class service each passing day.
Innovation – To come out with new creative ideas that have the potential to change the world.
Diversity – Respecting the diversity and giving the best of the composition.
Respect – Giving due respect to self and others and maintain the environment of teamwork and growth.
Safety – Ensuring the safety of all people and the organization.
Fun – Smiling and having fun celebrating small successes in our journey to achieve big successes.
Sorry, there was no activity found. Please try a different filter.