Here’s a great opportunity for people with LANGUAGE BARRIERS OR DEAF & HARD OF HEARING PEOPLE to be cast in a PAID docu-style project for a major tech company that will showcase how technology helps you communicate and connect.
GREAT PAY: $11,700+ ($7,600+ per person for each main talent selected, PLUS $4,100+ for a friend/caretaker/translator) *details below.
Details are below – as always, feel free to forward if you know someone who might be interested, and be sure to mention I sent you for priority consideration!
Good luck, have a great day, and don’t forget to dream big!
Jeffrey R. Gund
Follow INFOLIST on Instagram
Follow INFOLIST on Twitter
Like INFOLIST on Facebook
Join Our Facebook Group
DEAF OR HARD OF HEARING PEOPLE WANTED
CASTING DOCU-STYLE FILM PROJECT FOR MAJOR TECH COMPANY
We are searching NATIONWIDE for people with LANGUAGE BARRIERS OR DEAF & HARD OF HEARING PEOPLE to be cast in a PAID docu-style project for a major tech company that will showcase how technology helps you communicate and connect.
We’re seeking DUOS – including one foreign language/deaf or hard of hearing person, and one friend/family member/caretaker/translator to showcase real stories about how you connect with each other, and others.
GREAT PAY: $11,700+ ($7,600+ per person for each main talent selected, PLUS $4,100+ for the friend/caretaker/translator) *details below.
We’re looking for TWO types of DUOS:
● ENGLISH + NON-ENGLISH SPEAKER DUOS
Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin preferred, but ALL LANGUAGES will be considered. This should be someone who requires frequent language translation – someone who speaks mostly their native tongue and minimal English. They may struggle in everyday tasks because of a language barrier and often turn to a trusted | loved one to help translate and interpret. The 2nd person should be a REAL RELATIONSHIP with an established rapport – someone who acts as a translator / interpreter for a loved one.
● DEAF or HARD OF HEARING + NON DEAF DUOS
Seeking a Deaf or Hard of Hearing person who uses ASL and technology to communicate with a Non-Deaf family member, friend, or caretaker. The 2nd person should be a REAL RELATIONSHIP with an established rapport – a friend, family member, or caretaker who is non-deaf, and communicates regularly with the deaf or hard of hearing person.
Example of Stories, but Not Limited To:
– Deaf person with interesting or obscure hobbies – perhaps activities that you might not expect
– Teachers | College Students (over 18)
– Business Professionals
– Close Community Members
– Those with a Passion for Technology and Connection
… or ANY interesting or unique story about how you connect with others!
We want AUTHENTIC, REAL AND GENUINE STORIES – We want to hear about your common passions, hobbies; we want to get to know the dynamics of your relationship, how you communicate and we want to feel the genuine chemistry that connects you.
CASTING IMMEDIATELY – SUBMIT ASAP! (But no later than Monday, March 7th at 10pm PST)
(see submission info at the bottom of this posting)
– All talent selected must be age 18 years of age or older
– Must be a US resident
– VACCINATION REQUIRED – Proof of Vaccination will be required. ALL BOOKED TALENT WILL BE REQUIRED TO TAKE A COVID TEST BEFORE FILMING. You will not pay anything out of pocket. Production will cover the cost of the test and pay you for your time.
Submissions Due: As soon as possible, but no later than Monday, March 7th, 2022 at 10pm PST.
Auditions/Interviews: Monday & Tuesday, 3/7/22 & 3/8/22 (virtual, via Zoom) The purpose of the audition-interview is to get a sense of your duos energy, personality and your chemistry. Let your authentic personality show!
Callbacks: Thursday 3/10/22 (virtual, via Zoom, with director and tech company)
Fitting: Thursday 3/17/22 (Remote wardrobe via Zoom session – Production will send a kit to talent at their home for a remote “fitting”)
Filming: 2 days between Wednesday 3/23/2022 and Wednesday 3/30/2022
This project will film 2-3 days.
Location: Two Shoot Days – 1 day will be in your hometown at your personal location, and 2nd day will be at Production’s location in San Francisco Bay Area (travel and accommodations will be provided)
As part of the story, production will want to film you & your interpreter | caregiver in your own environment. This may be your home or work or hobby environment.
Project: This is a Documentary-Style Short Film. It is not a commercial.
Status: This is a NON-UNION project
Usage: Digital and Social media; Live Event | Live Streamed
Run: One year, starting approximately April 15, 2022. This film will live on the Company’s YouTube and other Social Media platforms.
– This film does not hold a conflict, however, those who work with a Tech Company may not be eligible due to their contractual work agreement | conflict of interest.
– The client will run a Background Check and Social Media Check on all persons selected to film the Documentary.
– All talent selected and booked to film on set must show PROOF OF VACCINATION. The Tech Company requires ALL employees to be vaccinated for CoVid. Talent booked for this documentary are considered employees of the Tech Company, and will be required to be fully vaccinated.
Although ALL persons will be tested for CoVid prior to the film shoot, a negative CoVid test will NOT suffice. Proof of Vaccination will be required at the booking process. We respect your privacy, but if you are not fully vaccinated or don’t feel comfortable disclosing that information, this is not the project for you.
All talent will be paid a rate for the film dates, and a rate for the buyout / usage of the film
COMPENSATION FOR MAIN TALENT – DEAF PERSONS AND NON-ENGLISH SPEAKER:
$7,600 (Session: $800 / per 10 hr film day (2 days expected), PLUS $6,000 1-time Buyout for usage of the project.
COMPENSATION FOR INTERPRETER | CARETAKERS
$4,100 (Session: $800 / per 10 hr film day (2 days expected), PLUS $2,500 if face is recognized in final edit of the film for 1-time Buyout for usage of the project.
COMPENSATION FOR BACKGROUND | EXTRA FAMILY MEMBERS
$500 session fee for 10 hr film day; no buyout for extras.
– The CoVid Test Rate and Fitting Rate are included in the Buyout Session Rate ($50/per CoVid test and $75/fitting)
– We will be booking 2 back-up groups for the project. Talent booked as BACK-UPS will be paid for holding the film days at $500 per person. If the first choice talent tests POSITIVE to CoVid, the back-up talent is immediately tested for CoVid; upon a NEGATIVE CoVid test, BackUp talent will then be “bumped” to OCP status and paid to film the project with the above session / buyout rates.
– You will be required to test NEGATIVE to COVID for the booking to be confirmed. If you test POSITIVE to CoVid, you will not be asked to come to set and film. Your booking becomes Null. However, you would be paid the CoVid test rate.
** Talent must be able to work in the U.S. Once booked, all persons will need to bring ONE of the following for I-9 verifications – EITHER:
OR 2) Driver’s License AND Social Security Card
Talent can not be paid without proper US ID.
There are LIMITED INTERVIEW SPACES – SUBMIT ASAP to assure your eligibility!!
NOTE: Regarding Covid-19 safety protocols, please note that all in-person filming will be done in accordance with all federal and local standards at the time of filming.
Be sure to mention you heard about this from Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com for priority consideration, and email ALL the information requested below to:
Be sure to include:
1. Full names (first and last) for EACH member of the duo (Person 1 & Person 2)
2. Contact phone number for each member of the duo (Person 1 & Person 2)
3. Email address for each member of the duo (Person 1 & Person 2)
4. City/State where you live for each member of the duo (Person 1 & Person 2)
5. Occupation of for each member of the duo (Person 1 & Person 2)
6. Language talent speaks (example, ASL, Arabic, Spanish, Mandarin)
7. Share how the duo knows each other | relationship of duo (for example, friend, family, professional translator, teacher/student, etc.)
8. Tell us who is the interpreter | translator when needed
9. Share with us your passions, hobbies, etc. that connect the two of you
10. Tell us about your relationship and tell us about a special memory / experience you have shared together
11. Be sure to mention you heard about this from Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com for priority consideration!