Here’s info on a job opportunity as LIVE EVENT PRODUCTION MANAGER for major video game company Riot Games.
Details are below – as always, feel free to forward if you know someone who might be interested, and be sure to mention I sent you!
Good luck, have a great day, and don’t forget to dream big!
Jeffrey R. Gund
Follow INFOLIST on Instagram
Follow INFOLIST on Twitter
Like INFOLIST on Facebook
Join Our Facebook Group
HIRING LIVE EVENT PRODUCTION MANAGER AT MAJOR VIDEO GAME COMPANY
Riot Games is now hiring a LIVE EVENT PRODUCTION MANAGER to work from it’s Los Angeles office.
Job starts: TBA
Hours: Full time
Location: Los Angeles (plus some travel)
Pay: Salary, 1 year contract, very competitive rate DOE
The Production Manager for Live Events is the main liaison between our hired vendors and contractors related to the event and broadcast production (i.e. Concom, 3G). They are the main point of contact for the head of production for the event in executing the production and many aspects of the event (lighting design, scenic design, opening ceremony execution, video production needs, regional partners, various player management needs, press needs, broadcast needs, etc).
The Production Manager for Live Events:
– Helps develop a forecast based on historicals with the head of production and line producer, and executes the production of the event within the forecasted budget.
– Manages directly with lighting, audio, video, transmission, scenic, and some back of house allocations on site.
– They drive and verify load in and load out, help vet venue contracts, and will negotiate the best deals and parameters for legal contracts with third party vendors associated with the event.
– On site they oversee and manage Concom (or equivalent event production company hired) production managers and coordinators directly on show execution, and makes game time decisions on issues/problems that arise from the day to day operations that may impact cost or creative direction.
– Oversees the broadcast crew hired on site, and allotment of that crew.
– Process payroll for crew hired directly by us, and invoices for all vendors/contractors hired directly by us, and reviews invoices for vendors/contractors that Concom (or equivalent event Production Company) receives.
– Works with legal and finance to ensure that all required cost documentation is completed accurately.
– Manages production schedules, and works with broadcast producer on deliverables and deadlines for all broadcast aspects and rundown of the show.
– Acts as “air traffic control” for all departments (business development, press, photography, live ops, features, etc) in Riot related to an event, along with vendors and contractors.
Education Requirements: (HS Diploma, BA, BS, MA, MS, J.D.,Ph.D.): BA Minimum
Years of related work experience: 5+ years as a production manager
Licenses/Certifications (such as hardware, software, special skills): AutoCAD
Requirements / Knowledge:
(such as technical expertise or specific knowledge, e.g. of laws, languages, etc.)
– In depth knowledge of Field, Event, and Studio Production
– Effective at managing vendors and contractors, execution of multiple departments and 100+ people on site
– Effective at managing full production departments through pre-production and planning
– Owns the communication directed from Riot creative, and broadcast producer through execution and budget
– Fully understands and manages the broadcast process from pre-production through wrap of show and load out
– Know how to create a television show from start to finish
– Experience managing budgets of over 1 million dollars
Skills/Abilities: (specific applications of knowledge relevant to duties and responsibilities such as communication skills, time management skills, degree of autonomous work, etc.,)
– Managerial Skills of managing multiple departments of many people simultaneously
– Leadership skills, knowing when to make the right decisions and when to give ultimatums, having the ability to speak up when noticing something is wrong or out of place
– Strong work ethic, self-starter, self-management
– Effective communicator between high level executives on down
– Time management skills for broadcast schedule on site
– Budget and money management of multiple departments.
Be sure to mention you heard about this from Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com , and email your COVER LETTER and RESUME asap to: