Here’s a great opportunity to be hired as an ASSISTANT EDITOR (JOURNALIST) for the NBC Asian America editorial team at NBC News Digital.
Details are below – as always, feel free to forward if you know someone who might be interested, and be sure to mention I sent you!
Good luck, have a great day, and don’t forget to dream big!
Jeffrey R. Gund
Follow INFOLIST on Instagram
Follow INFOLIST on Twitter
Like INFOLIST on Facebook
Join Our Facebook Group
HIRING ASSISTANT EDITOR (JOURNALIST)
NBCUNIVERSAL MEDIA / NBC ASIAN AMERICA
PART-TIME / ONE-YEAR CONTRACT
NBC News Digital is seeking an ASSISTANT EDITOR (JOURNALIST) for our NBC Asian America editorial team.
The team is based in NY, but we are open to candidate who would work remotely from another area.
This is a temporary, part-time contractor position. The job is a one-year contract at 20 hours a week.
Salary Range: $55,000/yr – $65,000/yr
The successful candidate will be an ambitious, well-rounded journalist with a couple years of writing and social media experience. Having politics and/or culture experience is a plus. Your main job will be identifying and writing viral stories and dailies, as well as handling social media.
You’re tapped into the AAPI community and know what types of stories will hit with our readers. You’re a fast news writer and you know exactly how to distribute pieces across various platforms and you’re a whiz at writing headlines and social copy. And you can come up with original ideas for engaging social posts, ranging from a Twitter thread to an original Instagram meme that’s catchy but fit for news. Ideally, you have a proven track record of growing audiences.
– Become an integral member of a team
– Identify viral stories
– Monitor and cover trending and breaking news
– Generate original story ideas and fresh angles for the big stories of the day
– Develop social media strategy alongside team and grow followers across accounts.
– Ensure the tone of and mix of stories is in line with NBC News Digital editorial strategy, and the voice and standards of NBC News Digital.
– Focus on storytelling for both a desktop and a mobile audience and understand the power of social media for reporting, discovery and distribution. You will know when stories require data visualization, digital video or both.
– Make full use of the range of NBC News resources, including network newsgathering and multimedia, and finding ways to make the network’s extensive video and reporting assets available on digital.
– Read widely and say abreast and ahead of the competition.
– Minimum 2 years experience in journalism and social media
– Bachelor’s degree
– Able to work independently and as a member of a team
– Capable of managing multiple deliverables and completing assigned tasks quickly
– Passion for news and an interest in multiple platforms
– Innovative and flexible thinker, comfortable suggesting solutions
– Committed to quality in every assignment, large or small Strong research skills and editorial judgment
– Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
– Strong interpersonal skills and news judgement
Seniority Level: Entry level
Industry: Writing & Editing Online Media
Employment Type: Contract
Job Functions: Writing/Editing
Be sure to mention you heard about this from Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com, and apply online at: